• A marriage license may be obtained by appearing in person in the
office of the County Clerk. Couples are asked to arrive no later than
4:15 p.m. to have a marriage license issued by 5 p.m. Couples will need
to complete an application (pdf). A current picture ID is required for each party.
• If either party is not at least 18 years of age, a court order must
be obtained and the minor must appear with a parent or legal guardian.
• If a dissolution has taken place within the last 90 days, you must bring a certified copy of the final dissolution.
Fees: $85.00 Regular License; $87.00 Confidential License*
*A confidential license is not available to minors. The confidential marriage will not be made a part of the public record. In order to obtain a certified copy after you are married, you or your spouse must appear in person and show identification.
• A civil marriage ceremony may be performed in the office of the County Clerk. The fee is $24.00 and we ask that you bring your own witness. No appointment is necessary.
• We Perform Marriage Ceremonies and Renewal of Marriage Vow Ceremonies on weekends and holidays at your wedding location. Please call our office for additional information, costs and to arrange for an officiant on your special day (707) 234-6822.