Facilities & Fleet Division Manager
The Facilities and Fleet Division is charged with maintenance, custodial, and groundskeeping responsibilities for all County-owned and many leased facilities. Included in this responsibility is that of operating and maintaining all of the County's parks and recreation areas.
The Facilities and Fleet Division is also responsible for administering and managing all County renovations, alterations, and new construction projects for the County's public recreational facilities and some 100 buildings, comprising approximately 700,000 square feet, and their adjacent grounds and parking facilities throughout the county by utilizing a skilled crew of building maintenance workers, including a journey-level carpenter and painter, experienced groundkeepers, and custodians, augmented, whenever necessary and/or cost-effective, by outside contractors and tradespeople.
The Facilities and Fleet Division management participate in the development, prioritization and implementation of County-wide capital projects, including site acquisition and facility planning, design, and construction.
The Division is also responsible for the maintenance, repair and in-town fueling of vehicles in the County fleet.
The mission of the The Facilities and Fleet Division is to provide competent, professional, and efficient:
- Buildings, grounds, and parks maintenance and operations Janitorial services
- Space planning assistance
- Facility design coordination and management
- Facility capital project and construction management
- Coordination of energy conservation and retrofit programs
- Coordination of recycling and waste management programs for County facilities
- Leadership in property (purchase and lease) acquisition and management
- Provide safe, reliable, and efficient transportation for the employees, volunteers, and clients of Mendocino County
- Maintain an appropriately sized fleet of clean, well-maintained pool cars available to County employees
- Maintain and repair the County fleet in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Maintain and provide a safe, environmentally compliant, and cost-effective vehicle fueling and maintenance facility for County vehicles
- Provide and/or coordinate emergency repair services for vehicles traveling both in and out of the County
- Provide leadership in exploring opportunities for the optimal, cost-effective use of alternatively fueled energy-efficient vehicles.
Services are provided through scheduled maintenance programs and reimbursable projects.
Facilities and Fleet Division
841 Low Gap Road, Ukiah, CA 95482
Facilities and Fleet: (707) 234-6068; (707) 463-4784-fax
Garage: (707) 234-6063; (707) 463-4579-fax