Adult Services Question?
Our contact information is below. Scroll down for e-mail, phone and location info!
- Adult Protective Services (APS)
- APS helps elders and dependent adults who need protection to stop abuse or neglect and to live safely. APS investigates allegations of abuse and neglect, including self neglect, of elders and dependent adults and provides information and referral, assessment, and short term case management.
- In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS)
- IHSS is a program for services to low income elderly and disabled individuals and couples who need assistance in order to remain safely in their own homes. Disabled children with extraordinary need may also receive IHSS. IHSS Social Workers make a home visit to determine eligibility and need for IHSS and complete an assessment of the applicant’s ability to complete activities of daily living. View the latest issue of "CARE" Newsletter (January 2011).
- General Assistance
- GA benefits offers financial assistance and emergency homeless assistance to disabled or unemployed single adults. GA also provides SSI advocacy, employment services, and burial assistance.
- Public Guardian/Public Administrator
- The Public Guardian / Public Administrator Unit initiates the Court process to invoke and renew conservatorships, handles the affairs of individuals who die without family to administer their estates, and provides case management for conserved persons with mental health disabilities, dementia, or severe frailty.
- Public Authority
- Serves as the employer of record for collective bargaining for 1,400 IHSS providers in Mendocino County. The Public Authority Registry refers providers seeking work as an In Home Support Service care provider, of whom have been fingerprinted, passed a criminal background check, and attended a program orientation.
- Veteran's Services
- The Veteran's Services program provides financial benefits, medical care, and counseling to eligible veterans and their dependents.
- Continuum of Care for the Homeless
- The Mendocino County Continuum of Care for the Homeless (CoC) is coordinated by the Homeless Services Planning Group (HSPG), a collaborative of over thirty-one agencies throughout Mendocino County. The HSPG is convened and facilitated by the Adult and Older Adult System of Care. There are monthly meetings both in Ukiah and in Fort Bragg. The Coastal HSPG meets in partnership with the faith-based group Love in Action. Continuum activities include the Homeless Prevention and Rapid Re-Housing Program (HPRP), Point in Time Census and Survey of the Homeless, overseeing the Local Board jurisdiction of the Emergency Food and Shelter Program (EFSP), and collaboration toward securing and maintaining HUD funded housing projects for the homeless.
- Provides a free and confidential service that maintains and improves the quality of life for residents in long-term care facilities.
- Area Agency on Aging
- Carries out a wide range of functions (advocacy, inter-agency linkages, information sharing, etc.) designed to develop or enhance comprehensive and coordinated community based services for all older persons, under the leadership and direction of the California Department of Aging.
Please note, all programs and services are not available at all locations. Please contact us to verify the location and office hours.
Adult Protective Services, General Assistance, In Home Services, and Public Guardian / Public Administrator
764 S Franklin St
PO Box 1306
Ft Bragg CA 95437
Fax: (707) 962-1140
Adult Protective Services:
(707) 962-1102 (24hrs)
Toll Free: (800) 350-2237 (24hrs)
221 S Lenore Ave
Willits CA 95490
Fax: (707) 456-3741
Adult & Aging Services
747 S. State St
PO Box 839
Ukiah, CA 95482
Toll Free: (877) 327-1799
Fax: (707) 463-7979
Adult Protective Services:
After Hours Emergency: (800) 575-4357
Supportive Housing Program
Ukiah Community Center
888 N. State St.
Ukiah, CA 95482
Fax: (707) 462-0654
Willits Community Services [Map]
229 E. San Francisco St.
Willits, CA 95490
Fax: (707) 459-0850
Coast Community Center [Map]
365 Cypress St.
Ft. Bragg, CA 95437
Fax: (707) 961-6367
— Free software is required to read PDFs.