Patients' Rights Advocates protect the legal, civil and human rights of consumers in the mental health system by supporting consumers in communicating their spoken or perceived needs within the community, mental health system and legal arena. Their goal is to protect the rights of each mental health consumer in the county of Mendocino.
Patient Rights Advocate Brochure
Mental Health Consumers have the right to:
- Be treated with respect by mental health staff
- A safe environment free from physical, sexual, financial or emotional abuse
- Services that attempt to be client centered, sensitive to cultural, linguistic and special needs
- File a complaint/grievance or request a State Fair Hearing without fear of punishment
- Authorize another person to act on your behalf
- Request a change in doctors or therapists
- Ask for a second opinion or change in the level of care
Your Patients' Rights Advocate will:
- Assure a prompt response to messages left on our 24-hour answering service
- Assure investigation and documentation of complaints or violations in regards to consumer care
- Assure that MCMH contract providers are aware of consumers rights
- Assist Managed Care clients in requesting a State Fair Hearing
- Assure that residents of mental health board and care facilities are informed of their human, legal and privacy rights
- Monitor mental health board and care facilities for compliance to State licensing regulations
- File complaints against facilities for violations of licensing regulations
- Assure that consumers interests and rights are protected in all aspects of MCMH services
- Assure that quality care is being provided through the Department of Mental Health
Location and Contact Information
1120 S. Dora St.
Ukiah, CA 95482
221-B South Lenore Ave.
Willits, CA 95490
790-B South. Franklin St.
Ft Bragg, CA 95437
To contact the Patientsí Rights Advocate:
- Phone: (707) 463-4614
- Fax: (707) 463-6868
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
— Free software is required to read PDFs.