MENDOCINO COUNTY VETERANS SERVICES
How does Your County Veterans Services Staff Work for You?
Our Veterans Service Representatives are thoroughly trained and accredited by the United States Department of Veterans Affairs to represent you. Mendocino County Veterans Services Representatives are not employees of the federal government; they are county employees ready to assist you with any veterans claim. They will assist you in securing the maximum benefits. Your representative works closely with service officers from a veteran’s organization of your choice such as:
- American Legion
- California Department of Veterans Affairs
- Disabled American Veterans
- Military Order of the Purple Heart
- Paralyzed Veterans of America
- Veterans of Foreign Wars
- Others may qualify, for a full list - please contact the Veterans Affairs Office
We can assist you with:
- Compensation for service related disabilities.
- Pension for veterans with non-service connected disabilities.
- Education benefits and vocational rehabilitation (application and information).
- Medical treatment at VA Medical Centers (application and information).
- Home loan benefits (application and information).
- Government Life Insurance.
- Burial Benefits.
- Pension for non-service related deaths.
- Proceeds of government life insurance.
- Military Survivor Benefits Plan (SBP).
- Medical benefits.
- Educational benefits including the California College Fee Waiver Program.
We can provide information and referral for:
- Agent Orange programs.
- Alcoholism and drug treatment programs.
- State of California Veterans benefits.
- Veterans home loans.
- Outpatient medical and dental care.
Visit or contact our local offices:
Mendocino County Veterans Services Office
405 Observatory Avenue
PO Box 839
Ukiah, CA 95482
Fax: (707) 463-4637
Our office hours in Ukiah are:
Monday through Thursday (excluding County holidays)
8:00 AM – 4:00 PM (Walk-in Clients)
8:00 AM– 5:00 PM (Telephone Inquiries)
360 North Harrison Street
Fort Bragg, CA 95437
Fax: (707) 961-6396
Our office hours in Fort Bragg are:
Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday (excluding County holidays)
8:00 AM– 5:00 PM
189 North Main Street
Willits, CA 95490
Fax: (707) 459-7603
Our office hours in Willits are: By appointment only.
Point Arena and Gualala
On the third Tuesday of every month we do outreach at the Sundstrom Mall in Gualala from 9:00 to 12:00 and the Point Arena Veterans Memorial building from 1:00-4:00.
CalVet – (916) 503-8359
VA Direct Deposit/Change of Address – (877) 838-2778
VA Educational Benefits – (800) 442-4551
VA Life Insurance – (800) 669-8477
VA National Pension Center – (877) 294-6380
VA Outpatient Clinics:
Transportation Services to SFVA Medical Center:
Veteran’s ID Cards
The Mendocino County Veterans Services Office will issue identification cards as proof of service in the United States military. Proof of service is needed to access services, benefits, and receive veteran’s discounts at many local businesses. With the ID, veterans will no longer need to carry a copy of their military discharge papers (DD-214) to show proof of service.
Fact SheetsBurial and Plot-Interment Allowances
Dependents and Indemnity Compensation
Education and Training – Post 9/11 GI Bill: General Information
VA Dental Insurance Program
VA Health Care and the Affordable Care Act
Veterans Group Life Insurance
— Free software is required to read PDFs.