Donate to Animal Care Services via PayPal:
Visit the new Ukiah Shelter Website, with lots more pictures of adoptable pets!
Please Note: Animal control in unincorporated areas of Mendocino County is handled by the Mendocino County Sheriff's Office. Field service calls outside of Ukiah or Fort Bragg city limits including loose dogs, barking dogs, humane complaints or animal bites should be called into the Sheriff's dispatch at 707-463-4086. In Ukiah, call the Ukiah Police Department at 707-463-6262. In Fort Bragg, call the Fort Bragg Police Department at 707-964-0200.
- Animal Care Services are offered to all residents through one central shelter, located at 298 Plant Rd in Ukiah. The Ukiah Shelter is open Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday 10am-5pm and Wednesday 10am-7pm. Adoption paperwork must be completed one-half hour before closing time.
- NOTE: The Ukiah Animal Shelter is unable to accept unscheduled or "drop in" admissions of feral cats from the public at this time as our "feral cat room" is currently filled to capacity. The Animal Shelter is needing the assistance of the public and requiring the public to make appointments if they wish to drop off a feral cat. If you have a feral cat that you are happy to keep around your premises, the Animal Shelter will spay or neuter the cat at no charge and return the cat to you. Please contact the Animal Shelter at 463-4427 to arrange a date to drop off a feral cat or to schedule for a future spay & neuter surgery date if you wish to keep the feral cat.
- March 21, 2017 Shelter Update. Nap time for dogs? Beginning April 4th the dog kennels will be closed to all between the hours of 1-2 PM for midday dog naps.
- We need volunteers! Animal Care provides an orientation for volunteers every month on the first Wednesday at 5:30pm and on the third Saturday at 9am. Orientations are at the Ukiah Shelter. Stop by and join us, or call 463-4427 for more information!
- Renew Your Pet License Online: County Animal Care accepts animal license renewals online during the month it is due and if rabies vaccine is current.
- Is Your Pet Lonely?
- Lost & Found
- Online License Renewal
- Contact Information
Below are intake and outcome reports. On the 10th of every month the previous month's numbers will be released.
Intake & Outcome
- Intake January 2016
- Intake February 2016
- Outcome January 2016
- Outcome February 2016
- March 2016 (year to date)
- April 2016 (year to date)
- May 2016 (year to date)
- September 2016 (year to date)
- Mendocino County Animal Care Services Standards of Behavior
- Volunteer and Community Involvement
- Mendocino County Volunteer Policy
Animal Control Information
Contact Info, Locations and Hours
Ukiah Shelter and Administration Offices
298 Plant Road
Ukiah, CA 95482
Tues: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Weds: 10:00 am - 7:00 pm.
Thurs, Fri, Sat: 10:00 am -5:00 p.m.
Animal Control in unincorporated areas of Mendocino County is handled by the Mendocino County Sheriff's Office.
Field service calls outside of the Ukiah or Fort Bragg city limits including loose dogs, barking dogs, humane complaints or animal bites should be called in to the Sheriff's dispatch at 463-4086.
In Ukiah call the Ukiah Police Department at 463-6262, and in Fort Bragg call the Fort Bragg Police Departmentat 964-0200.