Donate to Animal Care Services via PayPal:
Please Note: Animal control in unincorporated areas of Mendocino County is handled by the Mendocino County Sheriff's Office. Field service calls outside of Ukiah or Fort Bragg city limits including loose dogs, barking dogs, humane complaints or animal bites should be called into the Sheriff's dispatch at 707-463-4086. In Ukiah, call the Ukiah Police Department at 707-463-6262. In Fort Bragg, call the Fort Bragg Police Department at 707-964-0200.
- Animal Care Services are offered to all residents through one central shelter, located at 298 Plant Rd in Ukiah. The Ukiah Shelter is open Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday 10-4:30 and Wednesday 10-6:30.
- We need volunteers! Animal Care provides an orientation for volunteers on the first Wednesday of every month at 5:30 PM at the Ukiah Shelter. Stop by and join us, or call 463-4427 for more information!
- Renew Your Pet License Online: County Animal Care accepts animal license renewals online.
- View the latest graph illustrating trends in Services provided by Animal Care.
- Is Your Pet Lonely?
- The Emergency Operations Plan for Domestic Pet Care is now available.
- Cat Fix Day - October 16
- Lost & Found
- Online License Renewal
- Contact Information
Animal Control Information
- Care-A-Van and Spay/Neuter Services
- Animal Control Schedule of Fees
- Disaster Preparedness: Saving the Whole Family | En Espaņol
- Services Trends: 2002-2009
- County Ordinances
Contact Info, Locations and Hours
Ukiah Shelter and Administration Offices
298 Plant Road
Ukiah, CA 95482
Thurs, Fri, Sat: 10a-5p
Animal Control in unincorporated areas of Mendocino County is handled by the Mendocino County Sheriff's Office.
Field service calls outside of the Ukiah or Fort Bragg city limits including loose dogs, barking dogs, humane complaints or animal bites should be called in to the Sheriff's dispatch at 463-4086.
In Ukiah call the Ukiah Police Department at 463-6262, and in Fort Bragg call the Fort Bragg Police Departmentat 964-0200.
— Free software is required to read PDFs.