Have a Question? Contact Us! (707) 463-7700 or Toll-Free (877) 327-1711
EFAS Program Areas
- Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF) and CalWORKs
- Provides a temporary cash grant, and is available to eligible low-income families. The cash grants are based upon income and resource levels and medical costs are covered through Medi-Cal benefits associated with TANF assistance. Services that are designed to promote self-sufficiency are also provided with cash benefit programs.
- Community Outreach Unit
- The Community Outreach Unit is a public-private partnership with the goal of providing comprehensive health care coverage for all children in Mendocino County. Visit the Community Outreach Unit website.
- Cal Fresh (formerly Food Stamps Program)
- Available to eligible low-income individuals and families. Food stamps may be used to purchase food in markets that accept food stamps.
- Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) Program
- EBT is the distribution of food stamp benefits with a plastic debit card, making the issuance of state public assistance and federal food stamp benefits faster and easier through the use of electronic transactions. Visit the EBT page.
- Medi-Cal and the County Medical Services Program (CMSP)
- Payment for medical costs is available to eligible individuals who meet income and resource standards. Payment for medical costs incurred may require a share-of-cost portion based upon household income levels.
- CalWORKs Job Services
- The CalWORKs Job Services Program provides employment and training services to TANF recipients and applicants to find unsubsidized employment. Visit the CalWORKs Job Services page.
- Workforce Investment Act (WIA)
- The WIA unit (Workforce Investment Act) serves as staff to the 33-member Workforce Investment Board (WIB), tasked to oversee the delivery of federal funds for workforce development.
Contact Debb Donelson at (707) 467-5590, or visit the Workforce Investment Board website.
Note: All programs and services are not available at all of our office locations. Please contact us to verify available services and office hours.
Employment & Family Assistance Services Locations
737 South State Street
P.O. Box 8508
Ukiah, CA 95482
Toll Free: (877) 327-1711
Fax: (707) 463-7859
764 S Franklin St
P.O. Box 1759
Ft Bragg CA 95437
Toll Free: (877) 327-1677
Fax: (707) 962-1010