Have a Question? Contact Us!
- (707) 463-7700
- Toll Free: (877) 327-1711
- Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF) and CalWORKs
- Provides a temporary cash grant is available to eligible low-income families. The cash grants are based upon income and resource levels and medical costs are covered through Medi-Cal benefits associated with TANF assistance. Also, CalWORKs services that promote self-sufficiency are provided with cash benefit programs. More on CalWORKS Job Services below.
- Community Outreach Unit
- The Community Outreach Unit is a public-private partnership with the goal of providing comprehensive health care coverage for all children in Mendocino County. Visit the Community Outreach Unit website.
- Cal Fresh (formerly Food Stamps Program)
- Available to eligible low-income individuals and families. Food stamps may be used to purchase food in markets that accept food stamps.
- Medi-Cal and the County Medical Services Program (CMSP)
- Payment for medical costs is available to eligible individuals who meet income and resource standards. Payment for medical costs incurred may require a share-of-cost portion based upon household income levels.
- CalWORKs Job Services
- The CalWORKs Job Services Program provides employment and training services to TANF recipients and applicants to find unsubsidized employment. Visit the CalWORKs Job Services page.
- Workforce Investment Act (WIA)
- The HHSA, Workforce Investment Act (WIA) unit serves as staff to the 33 member Workforce Investment Board (WIB) to oversee the program delivery of federal funds from the Department of Labor (DOL) intended for the development of the workforce. Yearly allocations vary with the opportunity to apply for additional funds held by the Governor when businesses downsize or close and create the need to assist increased numbers of dislocated workers. Contact Debb Donelson (707) 467-5590. Visit the Workforce Investment Board (WIB) website.
- Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) Program is the distribution of food stamp benefits with a plastic debit card, making the issuance of state public assistance and federal food stamp benefits faster and easier through the use of electronic transactions. For more information, visit the Electronic Benefits Transfer page.
Please note, all programs and services are not available at all locations. Please contact us to verify the location and office hours.
737 South State Street
P.O. Box 1060
Ukiah, CA 95482
Toll Free: (877) 327-1711
Fax: (707) 463-7859
825 S Franklin St
P.O. Box 1759
Ft Bragg CA 95437
Toll Free: (877) 327-1677
Fax: (707) 962-1010