Have a Question? Contact Us!
- Main Phone Number: (707) 234-6625
- Send us an email: Environmental Health
- Ocean Monitoring Hotline: (707) 234-6627
- Body Art - New
- Cottage Food - New
- Food Handler Card info
- ADA Service Animal Guidance and Regulation
- Know the Facts About Blue/Green Algae
- Reducing Water Usage
- Turkey Basics: Safe Cooking
- Water Saving Tips
- Protect Yourself From West Nile Virus
Environmental Health accepts credit card and debit card payments online. Please call our office at (707) 234-6625 to obtain your Facility # and Invoice # prior to making your online payment.
We also accept credit/debit card payments in the office at 860 N Bush Street in Ukiah.
The Environmental Health Division consists of 22 employees who carry out the mission to safeguard the public's health from environmental hazards. This is achieved through community education efforts and by enforcement of state and local laws to ensure safe supplies of food and water, to monitor the proper management of wastes and hazardous materials, to investigate environmental health-related causes of illness and to abate hazardous environmental health conditions. Environmental Health programs fall into 4 categories: Land Use, Consumer Protection, Hazardous Materials, and Solid Waste. Environmental Health also handles Rabies Surveillance in collaboration with the county Animal Control Department and the Public Health Lab and the Paralytic Shellfish Poisoning Program in collaboration with the State Department of Health Services.
Regular inspections of permitted facilities and investigations of complaints are handled by technically trained and licensed Environmental Health Specialists (EHS). New trends and issues in the environmental health field are closely followed by EH staff. The following programs are conducted by Mendocino County EH Department.
Programs and Services
Click on a link to learn more about a program:
- Consumer Protection (Forms updated - 9/6/2013)
- Land Use / Graywater Design
- Hazardous Materials Info
- Solid Waste info
- Complaints, Investigations and Emergency Responses
- Paralytic Shellfish and Rabies Surveillance Programs
- Redwood Empire Hazardous Incident Team (REHIT)
- Mold Resources
- Food Safety
- California's Water Conservation Resource
- Frequently Requested Phone Numbers
(State of California Agencies Related to Environmental Health Matters)
- West Nile Virus
• CalGOLD provides businesses with information on permits and other requirements of California agencies at all levels of government, including addresses, telephone numbers, and links to agency Internet web pages. Visit CalGOLD for more information.
860 N Bush Street
Ukiah, Ca 95482
120 West Fir Street
Ft. Bragg, CA 95437