The library currently has access to a free Interlibrary Loan option called ZIP Books.
ZIP Books Requests:
- Are free
- Ship directly to your mailing address
- You return the item to library staff within 4-6 weeks after receiving it in the mail and complete a customer satisfaction survey
- Limit of two items per person at one time, maximum of 5 items per month
- DVDs and music CDs are not available
- Mendocino County Library general cardholders only
- No pre-publication items
The ZIP Books service is completely free for you and is provided by a grant funded by the Library Services and Technology Act, managed by the Califa Group and the California State Library.
Your ZIP Books request and completed customer satisfaction survey must be returned to the library before placing another ZIP Books request.
You also have the option to place a standard ILL request for a $2.00 non-refundable fee. Items requested must be more than one year old. Most libraries will not ship music CD and DVD ILLs.